Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reclining Nude Woman

"Reclining Nude under the Window" (Unfinished) (18"X24", Oil on Canvas)

This is a painting done in the BHS Life Painting class mentioned in an earlier post. It's an example of another uncooperative model making the process more difficult than it already is. She was late and then made a big deal of laying this way, not that way, and then not being able to remember which way she was posed prior to the break. I generally don't find that to be much of a problem, since no matter which way the model re-positions themselves, I can always find something new in the pose that I like even better than the original. It all depends on the attitude of the model.
I like this start, and I intend to finish it some day when I get back into figure painting. I suppose it would be a good practice piece, and I wouldn't have to show it to anyone if I didn't want to. I'd like to think that I could post the results on this blog, so I want it to be an improvement. I'll keep you 'posted', how's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment