Friday, February 5, 2010

Watercolor - Christmas Card Designs

"The Angel and the Peace Dove" (8"X10", Watercolor, $50)

"Three Christmas Balls in the Dish" (8"X10", Watercolor, $50)

"Ornaments and Candy Canes" (8"X10", Watercolor, $50)

These three watercolors comprise my Christmas designs to date. I've used them as 1-sided cards in years past and now offer them as 4 1/4"X5 1/2" blank note cards. I've gotten lots of nice comments about them and I've sold them by the dozen at the arts and crafts shows that I've done.
My favorite ones are the Angel one and the Christmas balls in the dish one. The little package in with the Christmas balls looks like a stocking stuffer, but in this case it's clearly a dish stuffer. There's examples of breaking the border in all the pictures, and I feel it works well to bring the viewer into the spirit.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,
    Yes, these holiday images are wonderful and make excellent Christmas cards. I am looking forward to sending them out. These are great examples that show the spirit of the holiday season!
    Best to you,
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear it! Don't forget around November, though. You've got to get those Christmas cards out early! - MJD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I will have to give you my order well in advance of the holiday season! Looking forward to sending out the cool cards for this year's Christmas season!
    Best to you,
    Keith

    ReplyDelete