Thursday, February 4, 2010

Watercolor - Still Life with Various Textures

"Watercolor Study of Various Textures" (11"X14", Watercolor, $85)

Another watercolor class piece. It's just a study but I think it turned our pretty well. This setup includes a cigar box, a Granny Smith in a ceramic cup, an antique wooden finial (which also appears in the first oil still life posting on this blog) and a replica antique fish-shaped whiskey bottle. I think the glass element came out best; isolated color patches that contain washy mixtures of dark brown and green to contrast with the unpainted white patches that indicate the reflected light on its glossy surface.

2 comments:

  1. Michael,
    Excellent watercolor work here! The images are so nice and really come to life with your creativity! As always, looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Best to you,
    Keith Weiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith,
    I'm gratified that you enjoy the watercolors. My next post will be my Christmas Card Designs. I hope you like one or more of those, too. - MJD

    ReplyDelete