Thursday, January 21, 2010

Still Life with Kiwis and Limes

"Kiwis and a Lime in the Orange Dish" (11"X14", Oil on Canvas, $325)

As mentioned before, this orange dish is one of my favorite objects to paint. It's shiny burnt orange color and the elliptical shape (when seen on an angle) make it a natural for me. Here, it sits on a little platform, almost in the shadow of my studio sink.
I also like painting limes, as you'll notice in other still lifes (as well as eating them, so they're always around the house; these may be the only kiwis I've done, but they're always around, too) along with other elements. I think it makes them work well in kitchen settings, which makes them appealing and easier to sell. I have this one hanging in my bedroom now and I suppose it works there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment